Alex Moses and Brian Higgins talk about how they originally started working together, were working on BRRRRs for out of state investors, and eventually buying BRRRRs for themselves. They also talk about where they get their deals from and have borrowed over $12MM in private money.
Video Replay of Interview with Alex Moses and Brian Higgins
Sign up for our free wholesaling course: https://www.jotform.com/Trang_Steve/ask-me-anything
Want to close more deals without spending any more money? Go to https://www.disruptors.com
Follow me on IG: https://www.instagram.com/steve.trang
Alex Moses & Brian Higgins on How They Did 350+ BRRRRs, Own 160+ Rentals, and Earned $1MM Tax Free.
With Alex Moses and Brian Higgins, BLH Properties LLC
January 27, 2021
About Alex Moses and Brian Higgins
Alex Moses tried college and found it wasn’t for him. Which turned out to be a good thing, because otherwise he never would have met Brian.
Brian Higgins was an insurance agent who didn’t like where his career path was headed. So he sold his insurance agency and decided to become a real estate investor, even though he didn’t know much about it at the time.
Alex and Brian met while taking a crash course to get their realtor’s license. After Alex sold several of his uncle’s properties to Brian, they started working with out of state investors and eventually teamed up to buy over 160 BRRRR properties in just a few years. Along the way they managed to make $1 million dollars tax-free, and plan to keep the same formula moving forward but with more organization and gusto.
Alex and Brian discuss how they use the BRRRR strategy (Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat) to build their portfolio as well as securing properties for their out-of-state investors. They also cover how they raised and paid back over $12 million in private investor money, and give you tips for working with banks for financing.
Top 5 Takeaways from Alex and Brian:
5. The BRRRR strategy is a great way to attract investors as well as build your own real estate portfolio for generational wealth.
4. Don’t be afraid to shop banks for the best financing arrangements. Banks vary quite a bit in their products, and you can always ask for more or exceptions to their normal terms.
3. If a deal is a good deal for an investor, it’s a good deal for you. Close on every good deal you find.
2. You might be surprised how many people are looking to invest in real estate. But you’ll never know until you ask them. Set up some Zoom seminars and talk to people.
1. Always, always keep your word. Scramble to find a way to close a deal if you have to, even if that means borrowing money to make it happen. Building that stellar reputation will benefit you immensely down the road.
Bonus Takeaway: If you’re up front and communicate with your investors, you can get lots of private money as long as you pay them well. Don’t be greedy; if you take care of your investors, they will enable you to make a lot of money.
About Steve Trang
Steve Trang is the founder of the Real Estate Disruptors movement and host of the Real Estate Disruptors Podcast. He started his podcast in the middle of 2018 to inspire wholesalers and real estate agents to double their incomes by adding a second leg to their business. The podcast has now grown to ten thousand followers with new members of the community sharing their success story every week.
Steve’s goal is to create 100 Millionaires. One of his favorite quotes is from the great Zig Ziglar: “You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help enough other people get what they want.” He heard this quote when he first got into real estate, and it has stuck with him throughout his entire career. In fact, it’s essentially one of the core values Steve lives by.