07 Jan Michael Fitzgerald Shares How He Went From Bandit Signs to 100s of Doors and Running a Fund
Michael Fitzgerald talks about how he went from calling ads in his one bedroom apartment, to going to REIAs, to bandit signs and direct mail. He bought a farm for a million dollars with nothing down. Lost a lot during the recession. Paid off all his investors, and now owns hundreds of doors while running the Dream Fund.
Video Replay of Interview with Michael Fitzgerald
Sign up for our free wholesaling course: https://www.jotform.com/Trang_Steve/ask-me-anything
Want to close more deals without spending any more money? Go to https://www.disruptors.com
Follow me on IG: https://www.instagram.com/steve.trang
Michael Fitzgerald Shares How He Went From Bandit Signs to 100s of Doors and Running a Fund
With Michael Fitzgerald, Gideon Properties
January 6, 2021
About Michael Fitzgerald
Michael Fitzgerald planned on importing products from China and selling them in the United States. After his first deal, and a chance meeting, he switched to real estate and has since built a multi-faceted empire.
Michael had no money to invest in real estate, so he had to be creative. His first several deals were all different types: Subject To, wholesale, even developing farmland with $0 down. Along the way, he has become friends with people all around the world. Currently Michael is involved in city-state partnerships where he actually gets the government to help finance his projects!
Michael’s story is as unique as it is inspirational. He proves that you don’t need money to build a real estate business. You just need to get going. Connect with Michael on Instagram or Facebook.
Steve asks Michael how he got started in real estate, and they explore many concepts for how people can start. One of Michael’s emphasis is that you don’t need to know how to do everything, or have any money. Just start and learn along the way.
Top 5 Takeaways from Michael:
5. Review every potential deal. You don’t need to know how to do a deal to get started. Figure it out, learn what you need to learn, and keep moving forward.
4. Take care of the people you work with. Honesty and commitment, along with fulfilling your obligations even if you could get out of them, will benefit you in the long run.
3. Never stop marketing. Too many people market, get some business, then stop marketing while they work on those deals. Once those deals are done, they have nothing in the pipeline because they stopped marketing.
2. If something bad happens, don’t let that stop you from doing more deals. New deals can pay for unexpected losses from a bad deal. If you stop, you have no way to cover the losses. So accept the problem, and do more deals to make up for it.
1. Networking makes life easier and more enjoyable. Networking shouldn’t be forcing yourself on others — just start up conversations with people everywhere you go.
Bonus Takeaway: Just start. You don’t need money, you don’t need to know everything, you just need to start and keep going until you get some deals. If you take consistent action, you will succeed even if you fall down a few times along the way. If you’re not moving forward, you’re moving backward.
About Steve Trang
Steve Trang is the founder of the Real Estate Disruptors movement and host of the Real Estate Disruptors Podcast. He started his podcast in the middle of 2018 to inspire wholesalers and real estate agents to double their incomes by adding a second leg to their business. The podcast has now grown to ten thousand followers with new members of the community sharing their success story every week.
Steve’s goal is to create 100 Millionaires. One of his favorite quotes is from the great Zig Ziglar: “You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help enough other people get what they want.” He heard this quote when he first got into real estate, and it has stuck with him throughout his entire career. In fact, it’s essentially one of the core values Steve lives by.
Connect with Steve at linkedin.com/in/stevetrang, facebook.com/stevetrang, instagram.com/steve.trang, stevetrang.com, or realestatedisruptors.com.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed