03 Sep How 2 Wholesalers Joined Forces to Revolutionize Wholesaling Using Lessons from Rocket Fuel
Ivo Draginov and Jesse Burrell are two wholesalers that joined up along with Anny Draginova to create Batch Skip Tracing along with a few other services. They changed the way skip tracing was done, and they’ve created even more businesses since. Rocket Fuel by Gino Wickman was very instrumental to their success.
Video Replay of Interview with Ivo Draginov & Jesse Burrell
Start Your Real Estate Disruptors Journey by visiting http://www.realestatedisruptors.com
How 2 Wholesalers Joined Forces to Revolutionize Wholesaling Using Lessons from Rocket Fuel
With Jesse Burrell and Igo Draginov
September 2, 2020
About Jesse Burrell and Igo Draginov
Jesse Burrell and Igo Draginov were wholesaling on their own when they decided to partner up to see what damage they could do together. They found that using the management strategy contained in Rocket Fuel they were able to take their combined business to exponentially higher levels. Jesse takes on the visionary role, while Ivo leads the development side as integrator. They also added Ivo’s sister Annie, who is also an integrator and handles the company’s finances, operations, and other management duties.
Now the trio has a company with about 80 employees. They continue to grow their business, still wholesaling but now developing software under the Batch brand: Batch Dialer, Batch Skip Tracing, Batch Leads, Batch Ringless, and the new Batch Driven products. Find out more at www.batchdriven.com.
Steve talks to Jesse and Ivo about how they used Rocket Fuel to launch their partnership, grow to 80 employees, and add an entire software development team with fantastic products to help real estate investors sort through the mountains of data they encounter. They discuss how important it is to hire the right people for the right jobs, and how to sift and interview people so you get the right person. Finally, they emphasize how you can make your position in the business be just the things you enjoy doing when you build with the right people.
Top 5 Takeaways from Jesse and Ivo:
5. A partnership can be a beautiful thing, but you have to complement each other’s strengths. If you are the same type of person, it may not work well because you will be constantly getting in each other’s way and important jobs won’t get done.
4. Hire the right people for the right job. Hire early, and don’t be afraid to move a person to another job if that is where his or her strengths lie.
3. Put in systems and organization. But don’t reinvent the wheel; use a system like Traction/Rocket Fuel to organize, and keep organized with quarterly meetings.
2. Use and accountability chart. Initially you may be in all boxes as a solopreneur, but as you hire, assign those boxes and those people are responsible for that work. And don’t forget to hold yourself accountable too.
1. You can mold your ideal job within your business doing only the things you want to do, and at the same time, grow your business to fantastic levels of success. Remember, you may be able to do everything (and you should know how to do everything), but that doesn’t mean you should do everything. In fact, less is more as you’re able to hire on help.
Bonus Takeaway: Not sure whether to partner up with someone? Enter into a short-term contract (like 3 or 6 months) and see how it goes. In the end, if it didn’t work out, no harm done and hopefully you made some money and learned something about yourself. But if it did work, you may have found a person you can grow a great business with.
About Steve Trang
Steve Trang is the founder of the Real Estate Disruptors movement and host of the Real Estate Disruptors Podcast. He started his podcast in the middle of 2018 to inspire wholesalers and real estate agents to double their incomes by adding a second leg to their business. The podcast has now grown to ten thousand followers with new members of the community sharing their success story every week.
Steve’s goal is to create 100 Millionaires. One of his favorite quotes is from the great Zig Ziglar: “You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help enough other people get what they want.” He heard this quote when he first got into real estate, and it has stuck with him throughout his entire career. In fact, it’s essentially one of the core values Steve lives by.