06 Nov Brett Snodgrass & Brian Snider Share How Brett Was Able to Step Out of a 300 Deals a Year Business Without Skipping a Beat
Brett Snodgrass & Brian Snider talk about how they got started in real estate, partnering up, finding their true purposes, and Brett eventually stepping out of the company and into the owner’s box.
Video Replay of Interview with Brett Snodgrass & Brian Snider
Buy our Perfect Seller Appointment Checklist. https://www.disruptors.com/checklist
Want to close more deals without spending any more money? Go to https://www.disruptors.com
Follow me on IG: https://www.instagram.com/steve.trang
Brett & Brian Share How Brett Stepped Out of a 300 Deals a Year Business Without Skipping a Beat
With Brett Snodgrass and Brian Snider, Simple Wholesaling
November 4, 2020
About Brett Snodgrass and Brian Snider
Brett Snodgrass is a former college basketball player and teacher who started wholesaling houses in 2007 by buying houses off eBay in Ohio. The only odd thing was that Brett lived in Indianapolis, IN. He eventually decided to move the business to Indianapolis permanently, founding Simple Wholesaling and leaving the Ohio markets. Brett is a big proponent of education and constantly improving yourself and your team.
Brett continued to build his business, eventually hiring his friend Brian Snider three years ago to help him run the business. This partnership has allowed Brett to concentrate on his passion, education and content creation.
Brian Snider was a teacher for 14 years and on a career path to become a principal when he decided he did not want to run a school. He joined Brett about three years ago and the two worked together to build Simple Wholesaling. He moved up rapidly through various positions to the Integrator/COO position.
Today Brett has moved out of daily operations altogether and into the Owner’s Box, still involved with the business but in a new oversight role, content creator with their podcasts (The Real Estate Investing with a Purpose podcast and the local market The Indy Investor Pod).
Brian has stepped into the Visionary/CEO position and is continuing to grow and expand Simple Wholesaling, adding services and expanding their real estate investor education programs.
Brett and Brian join Steve to explain how they expanded Brett’s company, the systems and organization Brian helped install, and how Brett has now stepped away from the company and fully into the Owner’s Box with Brian taking the reins and continuing their expansion. It’s a different story than many because it shows you can take a different path to your business.
Top 5 Takeaways from Brett and Brian:
5. Definitely use a hiring system to screen applicants. Not having a system will result in you continuously hiring the wrong people for the wrong seats.
4. Don’t wait to hire more people. If you delay until your pipeline is full, you won’t have time to train new hires. Get people onboard while you have time to educate and train them.
3. Get educated. Masterminds, sales training (especially Steve’s training), learning and implementing good systems will all make your life much easier and your business much less hectic and more profitable.
2. Give back. Sharing your experience and knowledge may seem counterintuitive because you feel like you’re training your competition, but in fact you can build your business and contacts by helping others. In addition, you will be known as the go-to person for advice and help, which can have deals and opportunities come your way which otherwise might not.
1. Your roles in the business can (and probably will) change over time. That’s OK! If you tire of doing the work, you can bring on other good people who can have the excitement and energy to run the daily operations while you transition to an owner oversight role.
Bonus Takeaway: Decide to take action and commit to doing it with purpose. Scaling up your business can be done with a good hiring process, and scaling up can exponentially grow your business. If you train your people and yourself, you can build the business and eventually step out of the daily operations while giving others the opportunity to achieve their own goals within the business.
About Steve Trang
Steve Trang is the founder of the Real Estate Disruptors movement and host of the Real Estate Disruptors Podcast. He started his podcast in the middle of 2018 to inspire wholesalers and real estate agents to double their incomes by adding a second leg to their business. The podcast has now grown to ten thousand followers with new members of the community sharing their success story every week.
Steve’s goal is to create 100 Millionaires. One of his favorite quotes is from the great Zig Ziglar: “You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help enough other people get what they want.” He heard this quote when he first got into real estate, and it has stuck with him throughout his entire career. In fact, it’s essentially one of the core values Steve lives by.